It looks like Facebook has just implemented a major upgrade to their Fan Pages. These changes improved numerous different features including Photos, Navigation, Wall Filters, Admin View and Notifications. Now a fan page can like another fan page and/or feature it on their fan page! I think this is a great move by Facebook! Here is a list of their changes:
- Photos at the top: The most recent photos that you post to the Wall of a Page you admin, or photos you tag your Page in, will appear here. This area will not include any photos posted by people who like your Page.
- Use Facebook as your Page: You will be able to receive notifications for your Page, view a News Feed for your Page, and like and post on other Pages as your Page.
- Wall filters: Pages now have two publicly visible Wall filters-“Posts by Page” and “Everyone.” Page admins will be able to view additional filters-“Most Recent” and “Hidden Posts.”
- Email notifications: You can opt to receive notifications when people post or comment on your Page.
- Featured Pages and admins: You can feature other Pages your Page likes, or admins of your Page, in the new “Likes” and “Page Owners” sections on the left side of your Page.
- Mutual connections: When people visit your Page, they will be able to view friends who also like your Page, as well as other Pages that both they and your Page like.
- Navigation: The content that you formerly accessed by clicking the tabs at the top of your Page can now be found in the column underneath your Page profile picture. The text in the box that used to appear in the box underneath your Page profile picture will now appear in the Info tab.
- Profile picture size: The profile picture size for Pages has been adjusted from 200×600 to 180×540.
Facebook will take you through a little tour as you can see in my screenshot below:
And here is one of our best dealership clients fan page after it was upgraded:
You can read more about these Upgraded Fan Pages on Facebook, I just say upgrade em all!